Create assessment tools for clients to design clearer internal and external communication models. Work with clients to successfully integrate improved communications. Develop workshops, classes, and seminars focusing on improved communication strategies.
From Eagle Scout to collegiate club boards to church leadership to leading team projects — leading not only by example, but by getting hands dirty alongside everyone on the team.
Implement strategically focused systems to streamline workflow and client interactions. Create team processes to aid in productivity.
Primary leadership role in a successful church start-up. Started own branding development company that continues to gain highly satisfied clients.
Director of Marketing
Resource Ministry Partners
2012 – present
Design and produce branded print and digital media for multimillion dollar capital campaigns; develop additional product lines as spinoffs of primary services; create client database to target both broad and specific market segments; refine workflow processes to increase productivity and effectiveness of client interaction.
Resource Ministry Partners
2008 – 2012
Designed and produced print materials for stewardship and capital campaigns; oversaw re-branding of company and created print and digital marketing collateral material to support new company brand.
ITT Technical Institute
2009 – 2012
Lectured on and devised labs for classes including typography, Adobe Creative Suite, rapid visualization, print production, and digital media.
Assistant Director of Communication
North Alabama Conference UMC
2002 – 2008
Produced print and digital marketing collateral material to support internal brand; served as strategic planning consultant; developed presentations, videos, and collateral materials for workshops, seminars, and annual conference events.
Gulf States Beauty Supply Company
1997 – 2002
Created print collateral materials for sales force; assisted in the design and organization of regional workshops and conventions held at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex, ENM Convention Center (New Orleans, LA), and Orlando Convention Center.
2013 – present
Created a growing company focusing on brand development, strategic marketing design, and client coaching for small- to medium-sized businesses in the Shelby County, Alabama area.
The Church at Cahaba Bend
2002 – present
Design and lead weekly worship services with a full band and technical crew; develop multi-sensory worship experiences, coordinate volunteers; organize special events including fundraising.
- Adobe Creative Suite with high proficiencies in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office, iWork, and iLife Suites
- CMS web design packages (Squarespace) including editing in HTML and CSS
- Email marketing (MailChimp & Constant Contact) including template design and campaign analysis
- Project management and information sharing services (Basecamp, Trello, Evernote, Things, Google Apps)
- Survey and assessment services (SurveyMonkey)
- Quick to learn new software and find ways to implement the most efficient and effective tools for the job
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
The University of Alabama
- Major: Advertising
- Minor: English
- The University of Alabama Advertising Team (1st place in creative design at regional competition)
- Communication Director, Wesley Foundation United Methodist Student Ministry
- Development of website for The University of Alabama Department of Geological Sciences
- Member of Advertising Federation